Table of Contents
Updated 3-1-2017 – When you realize that your personal stability and professional future are at stake and you’ve admitted to yourself that resume writing is not your strength.
When is it time to invest in professional resume writing services?
Your resume is the critical marketing tool for any job search. It becomes the foundation from which to build your social media platform. It brands you, makes you visible to recruiters, and opens the doors of opportunity. If it works, you work; if it doesn’t work, you don’t work. Quite simply, it’s the most financially important document you will ever own.
This means writing a resume is serious business that:
- Requires an understanding of how recruitment and hiring strategies affect resumes
- Demands the clarity of objective analysis to decide how best to package the commodity that is the professional you
- Insists on unique writing skills, because resumes abide by their own rules
A professionally written resume takes time and thought to determine how best to package the professional you, then more time to write, edit, edit again with your input, then layout and polish the final document. Resume writing is a labor-intensive process for a marketing tool that is mission-critical to your job search; and like most things in life, you usually get what you pay for.
Working with a professional resume writer you get the writing skills, and the objectivity to determine the right focus for your situation, skills that come with writing resumes every day for a living.
The result, when you choose wisely, is a resume that opens the doors to more and better job opportunities, in less time, and with potentially higher earnings; assuming of course you have good professional skills to begin with and that you learn to use the resume effectively in your job search.
In addition, you’ll receive an education in self-awareness, personal branding and career management issues that you can leverage through the years.
What do professionally prepared resumes cost?
Prices vary greatly, but the following accurately reflects the competitive mid-point you are likely to pay for resumes prepared by professionally credentialed and experienced resume writers:
|Type of Resume||Average Cost||Refers To|
|Entry Level Resume||$400||These resumes are usually built for students, new grads & entry-level professionals just entering the job market.|
|Professional Level Resume||$550||Professional level resumes are primarily for working professional with 3-10 years’ experience, not in management and not in other specific careers like IT / Science.|
|Mid-Career Level Resume||$650||Mid-career level resumes tend to be for professionals with 10+ years’ experience, not in management and not in IT or other specialized areas.|
|Specialized Level Resume||$750+||These types of resumes are for specialized professionals who need specific information, keywords, and other needs for their particular industry that others may not require.|
|Management Level Resume||$850+||A management level resume refers to all managers with hiring and firing responsibilities for individual contributors within a company.|
|Executive Level Resume||$1100+||Executive level resumes are built for senior management with bottom-line fiscal, hiring and firing responsibilities for managers.|
Now before you faint…
Look at chart and do the math to grasp what it costs you every day, week & month you’re looking for that job:
When money is tight you have to spend it wisely, but a professionally written resume shouldn’t be seen as a “cost”.
It is a marketing investment that can earn you money with every day it saves you in landing your next position. As you can see, for most people it’s the equivalent of two or three days pay.
View Our Resume Writing Services
I am personally acquainted an automotive industry executive who got laid off from the one job he had ever had. He had never written a resume in his entire life but with the help of a slick website, he has magically become a resume writer.
The Internet enables anyone to hang out a shingle and become anything they want. If you don’t know the person’s reputation or credentials, don’t be fooled by a pretty website and empty promises.
That will have no bearing on their ability to deliver a resume that will get you results.
Take a look at these 7 considerations for choosing a professional resume writing service that is right for you, and the professional you in the future:
- Always ask about resume association membership. The leading professional resume writing associations all have codes of ethics; provide education through annual conventions and ongoing professional accreditation programs.
- Always ask about professional credentials. Only those who belong to professional associations and are committed to professional development take the time to earn professional credentials.
- Don’t be impressed by credentials, unless you know what they mean and see that they actually relate to resume writing.
- Learn what the alphabet soup of credentials all mean. Here’s a comprehensive list of resume writing credentials you can use. The credentials that apply to resume writing are in the first section, coaching credentials, which have nothing to do with resume writing are in the second.
- Beware quick-buck artists. Confirm your resume writer of choice has authentic resume writing credentials; if resume and coaching credentials, that’s even better. Just be sure that your choice isn’t someone qualified in a related but very different area of expertise, trying to make a quick buck as a sideline.
- Mysterious credentials. If you are told of credentials that do not appear in this list, ask which association awarded them and take the time to check that they do actually exist, it could save you time, money and anguish. If you come across bogus credentials let me know and we’ll investigate.
- Ask to see resume samples and ask about the resume writer’s involvement with, and contributions to the profession.
Use your common sense when preparing your resume or looking for resume writing services.
- does the service sound competent or are they just throwing buzzwords at me?
- Have they asked me intelligent questions?
- Do I have confidence in their ability to distill what is most marketable about me?
- Do they seem to care or is this just about being pushy and making a quick sale?
At Knock Em Dead, we provide professional resume writing services at sensible prices and proudly boast a team exclusively composed of senior credentialed resume writers.
All of our professional resume writing packages include coaching services with Martin Yate CPC.
View Our Resume Writing Services
Knock Em Dead
NY Times Bestselling Author at Knock Em Dead
With 17 books and two optical patents to his name and as someone who last danced with a professional ballet company at age 55, he is clearly one of those who has turned ADHD into a superpower. Martin is also a recovering alcoholic of some years standing, and exchanging one obsessive compulsion for another; he particularly enjoys collecting prohibition-era cocktail shakers.
Latest posts by Knock Em Dead (see all)
Special Introductory Offer
Knock Em Dead Ultimate Job Search Guide 2017 Edition
Get the latest edition of the Job Search Guide and recieve:
- 4+ Hours of video training
- Free Resume Review
*** To report to the BBB please use the info provided on the photo I have attached.*** If I were you, I would drill down on these reviews by clicking the 1-star bar to discover a commonality--we've all been screwed a sneaky ass monthly charge. I used this service ONCE for a mere cover letter, in which costed me $1.95 without even realizing, in whatever heeded warning there was (not visible or communicated) that $19.95 would be charged MONTHLY. Who IN THE HELL would use a COVER LETTER/RESUME service every month @ $19.95 with no stopping after spending ONLY $2.00?!!---that logic doesn't even make sense. Without me realizing it, I have been charged $19.95 for over a year now. I am supremely livid at the sneaky A.C.H. withdrawals on my account. Spoke to customer service and they are only willing to refund ONE measly recent charge, after over a year of scheming my card. DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE AND RUN AWAY FAST.
Tip for consumers: Report these people to the BBB immediately !!
- Was this review helpful?Yes2