Including a convincing marketing manager cover letter with your resume and job application is key to getting the job interview. A resume without a well written cover letter is unlikely to get the attention you want.
The cover letter provides an excellent opportunity to highlight your suitability for the marketing position.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact Details (phone and email)
Mr Lionel Mellon
20 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Mellon
In response to your job posting for a marketing manager on XYZ website, I have attached my resume for your review and consideration.
X years of experience in almost every aspect of marketing in different industries gives me the confidence that I can offer you exactly what you are looking for in a marketing manager. Please consider some of my successes:
- Developing and implementing a fully integrated marketing program for the X product category that increased sales by X% for HJI Company.
- Designing and executing a data-driven SEO strategy that improved search engine rankings by X% for key product search terms.
- Pursuing new customers through innovative marketing campaigns to achieve an X% increase in the customer base over the last 4 years at HJI Company.
- Engaging directly with customers to build solutions resulting in a substantial increase in customer retention by an average of X% per year.
- Introducing, at regional and national level, new products and line extensions into highly competitive markets, including B and C products.
- Adopting a strongly collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams resulting in improved productivity and goal achievement.
My proven ability to increase revenue and profitability by building and consolidating market presence through a range of successful strategies can be put to excellent use in a progressive organization such as ABC Company. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the position and how I can add value to your management team.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Always include a convincing cover letter with your marketing manager resume and job application.
Valuable Skills for Today's Marketing Manager
- Digital marketing - able to manage digital media projects, and SEO.
- Social media platforms - able to develop strategies specific to various social media networks
- Strategic thinking and agility - able to approach problems from a unique perspective and quickly change direction when necessary.
- Data-driven with analytics experience - capable of analyzing quantities of data to develop effective marketing programs.
- Collaborative - able to fully engage in cross-functional collaboration for improved results.
- Customer Focused - able to truly understand CRM, customer loyalty and retention strategies and activities.
This persuasive marketing manager resume can be easily adapted for your own use.
Find the help you need to create a winning marketing manager cover letter
Marketing Manager Job Description
What Makes a Good Manager?
List of Strengths
Marketing Manager Sample Resume
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Marketing Cover Letter
Win in your job interview. Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Marketing Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
to Top of Page
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample 1:
Enclosed you will find my resume for the Marketing Manager position you currently have listed.
I believe this position is well suited for me as I have years of professional experience in managing marketing & sales projects. My background has involved running national promotional product tours, executing new product launch programs, developing marketing materials, produce product sales training presentations, vendor contract negotiation, as well as directing priority market selections for sales objectives all while developing strong relationships with these business associates, vendors & media outlets. My strong ability to handle multiple projects effectively makes me an ideal candidate for this position.
Have been tasked with managing my own budgets and have always been effective in maximizing my allocated dollars. Incredibly organized and strategic in developing air tight schedules to meet constant deadlines that my work responsibilities require. With my strong marketing experience and skills, I can bring a lot to the table for this position and bring positive results immediately.
I have patiently been waiting for an opportunity like this and would bring a lot of enthusiasm to this job. I can happily provide references to my past employers upon request and look forward to discussing this exciting opportunity with you.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample 2:
I am interested in the marketing position you have posted. I have over a decade of marketing experience including both Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer. I have created and developed a variety of marketing channels to accomplish the objectives of the organization. Whether it be increased sales, greater brand awareness, new product launches and roll-outs as well as supervising personnel and working along side other marketing professionals and agencies.
Additionally, I have augmented my experience with initiatives such as data mining, brand creation, print/Web collateral development, lead generation, channel partner cultivation, customer segmentation/profiling, as well as CRM and acquisition strategies. I was heavily involved in compliance to ensure that all of the marketing created followed all rules and regulations at that time. I offer a history of proven results, as evidenced by the following marketing accomplishments:
- Obtained $11mm in commercial loans for LMX Bank through B2B marketing and service efforts; achieved during a temporary assignment/period of employment.
- Led national marketing campaigns for LendersUSA (comprised of long and short form television commercials, trade shows, social media, new website and PR initiatives) of company’s newly launched programs and services division.
- Developed and executed SEO and SEM strategy (organic, nonpaid results) for key product search terms as well as supportive means such as creating a WordPress Blog and social media campaign (FaceBook, Twitter, etc.)
- Managed personnel in a variety of capacities: tradeshow management, marketing assistants, office personnel.
I look forward to speaking with you and learning more about this opportunity.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample 3:
I would like to introduce myself as a candidate for the Marketing Manager position within your company. Delving into market and consumer research requires a unique blend of expertise in conceptualizing statistics, analyzing market trends, identifying opportunities and leading a team to provide valuable, measurable results to the company’s bottom line. I believe that my experience in marketing, product/project management and skill set, enhanced with an MBA, is an excellent match for your company.
I thrive in challenging, fast paced environments where my project management, creativity and marketing research skills can directly affect how products and services are communicated and delivered to consumers. I am known for my ability to quickly establish trust with employees and project collaborators, mediate disputes and motivate others into action. In addition, I have solid multi-tasking, organizational leadership and decision-making skills that can make an immediate contribution to your company.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position and how I can make a positive contribution to your organizational goals. My resume is attached for your review, and you may reach me by phone or email.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample 4:
Please consider my background and qualifications for the position of Marketing Manger at Sunrise Systems. I have over 10 years of experience in marketing information technology products that are similar to your product mix.
I currently head Switch Technology’s router marketing efforts in the United States and Canada. My department consists of four regionally-focused teams that implement Switch’s marketing plan and work closely with their Sales counterparts to establish an increased market share. I provide passionate leadership and guidance that helps them to effectively collaborate, make sound tactical decisions, and provide feedback to continually strengthen our marketing strategy.
As a result of my teams’ successful execution of Switch’s marketing strategy and internal collaboration, our router product market share has increased between six and nine percent in each of the last three years. I can use this experience to lead your Triad Server marketing program and help achieve yearly sales objectives. My background of network architecture and technology strategy in Fortune 100 companies gives me a unique perspective on how to position your product.
My mix of technical know-how and leadership qualifications align with some of the most important requirements of this position. Prior to my current role, I was a network manager for a Fortune 100 company, Big Bank Enterprise. I was responsible for setting network strategy, managing vendor relationships, and leading teams. I learned how to think like your customers and evaluate new network technologies, something that has assisted me greatly over the last 10 years.
In summary, my background will assist in driving sales for your Triad Server marketing program by:
- Understanding how technology managers evaluate products and aligning marketing efforts around their needs.
- My past and present success in penetrating accounts with new products that have little time on the market.
- My results in managing marketing teams and collaborating with other departments to achieve common goals.
Thank you for considering my background for this position, and I am highly motivated to share more detail of my background with you. Please reach me at (444) 444-4444 or [email protected] Thank you for your consideration.