Assignment # 1
MTH303 (Fall 2014)
Total marks: 15
Lecture # 1 to 10
Due date: 01/12/2014
DON’T MISS these important instructions:
• Upload assignments properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
• All students are directed to use the font and style of text as is used in this document.
• This is an individual assignment, not group assignment, so keep in mind that you are supposed to submit your own, self made & different assignment even if you discuss the questions with your class fellows. All similar assignments (even with some meaningless modifications) will be awarded zero marks and no excuse will be accepted. This is your responsibility to keep your assignment safe from others.
• Above all instructions are for all assignments so may not be mentioned in future.
• Solve the assignment on MS word document and upload your word (.doc) files only.
Question 1: Marks 5
Distinguish the linear and non-linear differential equations out of the following.
Question 2: Marks 10
Solve the Bernoulli differential equation by using an appropriate substitution.
Welcome to Spring 2017
On behalf of “Virtual University of Pakistan” we warmly welcome to all of you enrolled in the course “ECONOMICS ECO401”. This is always an exciting and inspirational time as we welcome new students to our departments and university. We hope that you will enjoy by learning concepts of Economics, and find it useful in implementing its knowledge for the understanding of all kind of economic issues.
- This subject demands your full concentration in each lecture. We recommend that if you properly listen to all lectures, read text books & handouts, consult the reference books and go through newspaper regularly then not only you can fulfill the objectives of this course but you can generate good inferences as well. We are always here to help you in this regard.
- In this course your knowledge will be tested through quizzes, graded discussion boards (GDB), Assignments, mid-term and final term examinations. All the testing instruments will not only test your knowledge but also provide you the opportunity to face the challenges in the practical life ahead. You can only benefit from the test instruments if you attempt them by using your own skills.
- You are advised to regularly read news-paper and watch intellectuals and experts’ discussions on TV for remaining alert, and understanding of recent burning issues of industry and economy.
- Toexcel in the courseand have better grades, you are supposed to be self-responsible and regular in your studies. Furthermore, you are advised to:
Ø Do follow the lecture schedule strictly and remain updated with it.
Ø Keep visiting VULMS regularly. It will provide you the complete guidance throughout the semester regarding various activities i.e. assignments, quizzes, GDBs etc.
Ø Do explore VULMS to get advantage of all the available resources i.e. FAQs, glossary and additional reading material.
Ø Do not hesitate to use “Moderated Discussion Board (MDB)” to post your lecture related queries. Do not post messages/comments on this interface.
Ø Attempt the quizzes and assignments with in stipulated time.
In this course your knowledge will be tested through quizzes, graded discussion boards (GDB), Assignments, mid-term and final term examinations. All these activities will not only assess your knowledge regarding contents of the course but also provide you the opportunity to interact with your peer group. You can only benefit from semester activities if you attempt them by using your own skills.
For other queries, comments and discussions send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be proactive and work hard. We are always here to guide you and mentor you in all type of issues in which you required guidance.
"Wishing You Best of Luck for the Semester"