FAQ - Completing Your Application
What is my TMDSAS ID?
Your TMDSAS ID is the number assigned to each applicant once the application has been started and a personal password has been chosen.
It is important that applicants remember their ID and password to gain access to the application. For example, the retrieval of an unfinished application, viewing the application after submission, submitting preferences, viewing the status of supporting documents and viewing the applicant profile.
Your personal ID number must be included on ALL correspondence with TMDSAS.
What if I forget my password?
Click on the [Login] button in the top right-hand corner of this page. Under [Forgotten Password], enter your email or username and click on [Reset Password]. You will receive an email instructing you how to reset your password. Click on the URL link and enter the security code provided in the email.
The security code will only be valid for 30 minutes from time the email was sent.
Who can apply using the TMDSAS application?
The TMDSAS application is for students applying to participating medical, dental and veterinary schools as a first-time entering student.
The application is not used for transfer students, advanced standing students and students applying to internship or residency programs. In those cases, applicants should contact the schools directly. Applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements.
How do I enter AP credit in the [College Coursework] section?
If your school lists your AP credit at the beginning of your transcript, then list the AP credits in the first semester that you attended the college. For example, if your first term at the school was Fall 2008, list the AP credits in the Fall 2008 term. The [Academic Status] should be ‘PF-Pre-Freshman’ and [Course Type] will be ‘AP – Advanced Placement/CLEP’. See example below:
If your transcript shows the AP credit in the actual term that the college credit was granted, then list the course in the term that the credit was granted. See example below:
Can I prepare my essay and other text information in Word and then copy and paste it into the application?
To avoid formatting issues, we recommend typing your essay directly into the TMDSAS application rather than cutting and pasting your essay from other software. Copying formatted text into the application may result in formatting issues that cannot be edited once your application has been submitted.
We also encourage you to proofread carefully! Grammatical and/or typographical errors will not be corrected once your application is submitted to TMDSAS.
What should be included in my personal essay?
The admissions committees recommend being specific when discussing your motivation for seeking a career in medicine. Discuss people, experiences, and events that have contributed to your decision and how you have prepared yourself for your goal of becoming a physician. Indicate your goals relevant to the profession and discuss them within the context of your vision for your future practice. You should also explain your motivation for medicine, discuss how you would relate to a patient, what you are going to bring to the doctor-patient relationship, and what values will be persistent throughout the relationship.
You are limited to 5000 characters for your personal essay. Space and symbols count towards the character limit.
What can I do to strengthen my application?
- Apply early
- Read the instructions thoroughly
- Proof your application thoroughly before submitting
- Get all supporting documents (transcripts, evaluation letters, etc.) in to TMDSAS early, preferably at the same time you submit your online application
- Complete any required secondary applications at the same time you submit your application to TMDSAS
- Keep TMDSAS updated of any relevant changes to your application such as test dates, changes in evaluator information, and grades
- Send updated transcripts to TMDSAS at the end of each semester that coursework is completed between time of application until matriculation into medical school
Do you accept Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses?
AP or CLEP credit is accepted by the majority of schools (see exception below) only if the school granting the credit lists the specific course(s) and number of units granted per course on an official transcript. Lump sum credit is not accepted. If these credits do not appear on the transcript, an official letter from the registrar is required.
TTUHSC SOM at Lubbock will only accept AP credit for the English requirement; all other prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
It is recommended that you follow your AP credit with higher level courses in the subject.
What does "Last Taken" mean when entering the coursework in the College and Coursework in section?
"Last Taken" is asking "was this the last time you took this course?". Most coursework will be answered yes ("Y").
Instances where you would answer no ("N"):
- If you withdrew and re-took or plan to take the course again. For the first time you took the course enter no ("N"). When retaken, enter yes ("Y").
- If you received a C, D, F, took a Pass/Fail or Credit/No-Credit course then re-took the course for a better grade, enter no ("N") for the first time taken and enter yes ("Y") for the second time taken.
Course was taken and passed
Enter [Yes] for Last Time Taken.
Course was taken and grade received was C, D, F, Fail or No-Credit and class was retaken for a higher grade
Enter [No] for first time the course was taken (with the low grade).
Enter [Yes] for the last time the course was taken (with the higher grade).
What are the Supporting Documents?
The supporting documents include official transcripts, official test scores and letters of evaluation. For detailed information go to the Application Instructions section.
What if I don't know my Visa or Permanent Resident number or expiration date?
Enter zeroes if you are unsure of your Visa or Permanent Resident number. You can enter your expiration date as ten years from the issue date. TMDSAS will enter the correct information upon receiving copies of your Visa or Permanent Resident card. Please make sure that the copies you send to TMDSAS are clear and legible.
What is considered a "complete application"?
A complete application means TMDSAS has received the following:
- Submitted and complete online application
- Application fee
- Transcripts - you must submit updated transcripts each time coursework is completed between time of application and planned enrollment in to medical school
- Letters of Evaluation
- Admission test scores
- Secondary Application has been been submitted to applicable schools
Important: Applications are transmitted to schools even if TMDSAS has not received all supporting documents. Schools are updated on a daily basis with supporting documents.
Will taking the MCAT after July delay my application processing?
It will not cause a delay in TMDSAS processing your application. However, if you are taking the MCAT for the first time in July - September, be aware that the medical schools may not complete the review of your application until the MCAT score has been received. Because of this it is highly recommended that you take the MCAT in January, March, April or May.
Top Rated & 100% Customized Coursework Writing Service
Whether you’re looking for a coursework writing service that will definitely work for you, welcome to our website! We understand when you’re not willing to sacrifice your grades and ruin your reputation only because you don’t have time or enough knowledge of how to do your coursework. A coursework is one of the most complicated tasks and many students feel that they need help with their course writing. But don’t worry; we’re here to help you get the grades you can be proud of.
Here are the main reasons you don’t want to work on your assignment:
• You have a busy schedule and don’t know how to find time for your coursework;
• English is not your native language, and you feel a little bit confused when it comes to writing a big piece of work in English;
• You don’t want to spend much time going through various online sources and books;
• Because of lack of your interest, you are not passionate about working on your task at all;
• You’re afraid that procrastinating, you can miss the deadline.
Course Writing That Never Lets You Down
Don’t let the problems annoy you. Use our coursework help now and forget about any worries. Our expert writers are ready to deliver high-quality, 100% plagiarism-free custom coursework for you. Once you contact us and tell what you want, we’ll offer you to choose one of the writers with qualification in your subject. Soon after that, the writer will do:
– An extended research in order to find the most relevant information for your coursework;
– Writing according your detailed instructions and suggestions;
– Proofreading & double-plagiarism check;
– Proper formatting;
– Free revisions (for a certain period of time after the work is delivered);
– On-time delivery.
Buy Coursework That Your Tutor Will Love For Sure!
When you choose us and buy coursework in our online writing agency, we’ll end all your worries once and for all! Yes, we are completely qualified to end all your worries because we have years of experience in the industry. Entrust us your task to us and enjoy the benefits of the most reliable writing service. We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee with every coursework. Both you and your teacher will like the paper for sure.